Saturday 27 March 2010

New free MI site for Kirkcudbright

I have just come across this fantastic website: www.kirkyards.co.uk. It has the Monumental Inscription transcriptions for the parishes of Borgue, Buittle, Colvend, Parton, Rerrick, Tongland and Twynholm. More than just the inscriptions though the site has photos for each gravestone! The site also has links to google street view to which is great if you live a long way from the Scotland. The best thing is this resource is free which is always nice. I have just had a quick look but I’m sure I will be using this resource often in researching my own family.

Our own projects are continuing well this week, we will have new books available within a few days and our newsletter will be going out soon too. If you have not subscribed yet go to our website and subscribe today, it’s free!!

No comments:

Post a Comment