We have updated the database again; this time we have added 1841 & 1861 Fala & Soutra. We have also continued to add household links and notes to our database so hopefully some of our research will prove helpful to somebody.
Remember this is still a relatively new census database and many people still do not know it exists. It is different from many others; here are a few things we believe set us apart:
1. It is the only website, that we are aware of, that links the census with maps.
2. We have added notes from our own research, for example dates of death, marriage and birth and also notes about imprisonments.
3. We have transcribed the 1841, 1851 and 1861 census for Berwickshire, Scotland (as well as many other counties) and we offer this full transcription free on our website - we are the only website that offers this complete county without charge.
4. Our transcriptions are done by expert local genealogists; therefore ensuring a high standard of transcription.
5. Maiden names are commonly used throughout married life in Scotland (this can cause confusion in the census) therefore we have endeavoured to add married and maiden names to our database.
So if you agree that our free census search is helpful please help us advertise it. Can you post links? Can you email friends? Can you tell your local family history society or research group? If you can, more people will visit the site, then more people will click on adverts giving us revenue or buy some of our other products and services. This will enable us to keep updating the census and other records therefore helping everybody.
Thank you for your support,