The Scottish Genealogy Society has had a face lift this week and launched their lovely new website. I have to say it is much less cluttered and easier to use now, everything is clear and simple and let’s face it that’s always a good thing.
The Society Offers...
- Advice and support from experienced volunteers
- Monumental Inscriptions – the largest collection in Scotland
- Old Parish Registers – the original in microfilm for every parish in Scotland with indexes to baptisms and marriages on microfiche
- Internet access including a world subscription to 'ancestry.com'
- Bookshop with publications from every Scottish family history society and many other sources
- The Library, with over 4000 books and comprehensive CD-ROM collection on family and local history in Scotland for members to consult
- Family History Index - Collection of donated family histories, pedigrees and research notes held by the Society
- Census information held on microfilm
- Scottish family history societies’ journals
- Photocopying, microfiche and microfilm printing available
This is a wonderful society to be member of if you live nearby or a thousand miles away. They are always ready and willing to help when you visit and offer services for their members further afield too. They have so much combined experience and such a wealth of knowledge at their fingertips that you are always sure to learn something new. So if you are not a member yet click here and find out more. Societies like these rely on membership to keep their projects going, projects which we all benefit from.