Friday 3 February 2012

Margaret Gow, died 1848 aged 33 years


I’m sorting through the photos from this morning (before I forget the order). Here’s another well preserved gravestone from Hobkirk Kirkyard.





In Memory of
Margaret Gow, wife of Walter Taylor, Farmer, Howahill,
Who died at Greenriver, 4th. November
1848, aged 33 years.
Also the above
Walter Taylor, Farmer, Howahill,
who died 9th January 1884 aged 74 years.
Also Isabella Taylor their daughter
died 13th October 1884 aged 46 years.
Also John Taylor their son
died 15th January 1885 aged 48 years
Also Thomas Taylor, their son
died 29th Sept. 1894 Aged 49 years.




2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for sending me notice of this gravestone photo on your blog. I am still using my copies of your 1851 Census transcriptions as valuable references for the Border shires, and will bookmark your blog.
    Walter Taylor was an older brother of my gr-gr-grandmother Margaret, who came to Ontario, Canada in 1853 with her husband John Paterson and four children.

    Katherine Vair Paterson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katherine,

      I'm so pleased the photo will be of use to somebody. We have just opened a new Flickr account (http://www.flickr.com/photos/maxwellancestry). I only have one photo up so far but plan to add loads more.

      Emma

      Delete